Cap Nails for Roofing, Masonry, and even Packaging
Cap nails are available in a wide selection of diameters, shapes, and sizes to suit a variety of applications. Whether you need nails suitable for roofing felt installations in windstorm catastrophe areas or for attaching lumber or insulation to a concrete or masonry substrate, we have what you need here at FastenerUSA.
On this page you will find five different types of cap nails.
- Hurricane Cap Nails are approved for use along the Texas Gulf Coast and in other Windstorm Catastrophe areas for attachment of roofing felt. Manufactured by JevCap the Hurricane Cap Nail product is pre-assembled with a large 1 5/8" diameter galvanized 30 gauge steel cap with 1 1/4" x 11 gauge (.120") annular ring shank diamond point nail. JevCap Hurricane Capnail Corrosion resistance meets ASTM A641 Class 1 Galvanization. The JevCap Hurricane Capnail provides a flatter profile under shingles and is an acceptable substitute for combined use of a roofing nail and 1 1/2" diameter tin cap. Texas Department of Insurance approval. An alternative using Hurricane Cap Nails are Tin Tab Discs for use in conjunction with fasteners (typically coil roofing nails) in High Windstorm areas.
- Masonry Round Cap Nails are made of .164" (8 Gauge) FLUTED shank Heat Treated steel. Pre-assembled with a Round 1" diameter Galvanized Steel Cap. Heat Treated steel also known as hardened steel is used to survive powerful hammer blows. Application include attaching lumber, membrane and lath to concrete or masonry substrates.
- Plastic Round Cap Nails are made of .109" (12 Gauge) RING shank Electro Galvanized steel. Pre-assembled with a Round 1" diameter Plastic Cap. Available in both Electro Galvanized and 304 Grade Stainless Steel. Applications include attaching membrane, house wrap, insulation board, construction underlayment, Tyvek, tar paper (roofing felt) and any other underlayment material to sheathing or wood substrates.
- Steel Round Cap Nails are made of .120" (11 Gauge) RING shank. Low-profile head. Available in Electro Galvanized only. Pre-assembled with a Round 1" diameter Galvanized Steel Cap. Applications include attaching Hot built-up roofing, modified roofing, single-ply roofing, tar paper (roofing felt) and any other underlayment base material to sheathing or wood substrates. Also used to fasten heavy duty cardboard to wood pallets in the packaging industry.
- Steel Square Cap Nails are made of .120" (11 Gauge) RING shank. Low-profile head. Available in Electro Galvanized only. Pre-assembled with a 1” x 1” Square Galvanized Steel Cap. Applications include attaching Hot built-up roofing, modified roofing, single-ply roofing, tar paper (roofing felt) and any other underlayment base material to sheathing or wood substrates. Also used to fasten heavy duty cardboard to wood pallets in the packaging industry.
Our Cap Nails are available in two grades of corrosion resistance including Electro Galvanized, and 304 Grade Stainless Steel:
Electro Galvanized is best suited for enclosed applications and light exterior outdoor projects where corrosion is not a concern. Electro Galvanization provides a very thin layer of zinc coating with a measure of protection against the elements. Over time these nails may corrode with prolonged exposure to the elements. Not recommended for ACQ Treated Lumber.
304 Grade Stainless Steel is best suited for typical outdoor applications to avoid nail corrosion and discoloration. ACQ-treated lumber, redwood, cedar, and acidic or oil-based exotic woods.
Please click on any of our products to learn more about their specific applications and specifications. If you need help on choosing the best type of cap nails for your project, feel free to consult with our experts here at FastenerUSA.