9" OMG CRHD9 Heavy-Duty ROOFING FASTENER 500ctEmail to a Friend
quantity: 500 count
3-5 day delivery Nationwide
9" Phillips Truss Head Heavy-Duty Roofing Screws OMG CRHD9
The OMG Heavy Duty Roofing Fastener (#14) is designed to secure insulation and single-ply membrane to steel 18 to 22 ga. (1.25 to 0.75mm) steel, wood and structural concrete decks. Factory Mutual and Dade County approved.
- Fastener Length: 9" (230-mm)
- Thread Length: 4" (102-mm)
- Thread Diameter: .245-in. (6.22-mm) 10 threads per inch
- Head Diameter: .435-in. (11.04-mm)
- Head Style: #3 Phillips Truss Head (#3 Phillips bit included)
- Point Type: 30° Spade
- Coating: OMG CR-10 corrosion resistant coating exhibits less than 15% red rust after 30 Kesternich cycles. CR-10 coating exceeds F.M. Approval Standard 4470.
- Weight 37 pounds
Features & Benefits
- Heavier shank and thread diameters for maximum strength.
- Deep thread for high pullout resistance.
- Extra sharp spade point for quick installation in new or reroof applications
- In concrete applications, fastener may be reversed out of predrilled hole without damaging the deck.
- For steel decks, 3/4-in. (20mm) penetration is the minimum allowable. Factory Mutual requires that fasteners penetrate the top flute.
- For OSB and plywood*, 3/4-in. (20mm) penetration through the underside of the board is the minimum allowable. For wood deck (wood beams, wood plank, tongue & groove), 1-in. (25mm) penetration is the minimum allowable.
- For structural concrete decks 1-in. (25mm) embedment is the minimum allowable. Predrill a 3/16-in. (5mm) pilot hole at least 1/2-in. (13mm) deeper than the fastener embedment using a carbide tip SDS or straight shank bit.
- Using a screw gun, drive the fastener until a slight depression is seen in the insulation and the plate. On rigid cover boards, care must be taken not to strip the deck.
- The strength of different roof decks can vary widely and can be adversely affected by moisture and other conditions. Therefore, it is recommended that a fastener pull test be conducted to help evaluate deck condition and fastener suitability. Call OMG to schedule testing.
Heavy Duty Roofing Fastener Length Selection Procedure
- If applicable, determine the thickness of the existing roofing material.
- Add thickness of new insulation.
- For steel, OSB and plywood applications: Add 3/4-inch (20mm) minimum fastener penetration. For structural concrete and wood plank applications: Add 1-in. (25mm) minimum fastener penetration. NOTE:When predrilling for structural concrete, allow an extra 1/2-in.(13mm).
- If odd size requirement, always size up in length, not down.
NOTE: Care must be taken not to overdrive the fastener. Fastener must be tight enough so that the plate doesn’t turn. For best results, use a variable speed 0–2500 RPM screw gun.
To speed installation, this fastener can be used with the AccuTrac® System and is also available pre-assembled.
*FM does not approve OSB or plywood deck types.
Product Data Sheet